Holi recipes by Chef Ajay Mathur, Executive Chef – Jaypee Palace Agra
GULKAND SHAHI GUJIA
(Mouthwatering delicacy specially curated for the festival of Holi)
Number of Pieces- 25
GHEE 800 ml
FOR THE FILLING
GREEN CARDAMOM POWDER 8gm
DRIED COCONUT 25gm
GULKAND (Rose petal) 25gm
CHANDI VERK 01 Leaf
PISTA 05 gm
- Sieve the flour. Mix the Maida with Oil. Using fingers, mix well so that the mixture takes the form of bread crumbs and binds to a certain extent.
- Now add some water and knead lightly. Keep adding water as required and knead into soft but tight dough. Set aside and cover.
- Now mash the Khoya and fry it in a kadai till it turns light brown in color.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder into the khoya and mix well.
- Add almonds, cashew, coconut and raisins. Fry for 2 minutes. Allow it to cool.
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll each ball into a small round of 4 inch diameter.
- Fill half the round with the khoya mixture and with rose petal sweetened (gulkand).
- Fold it and seal the round, twisting the edges inwards. Take care that the filling doesn’t ooze out.
- Heat ghee in a pan and deep fry the gujiyas in batches on a medium flame.
- When golden brown in color, drain and remove.
- Arrange on a plate and cover with Chandi Verk and Pista